At Rotunda IVF we understand how important privacy and security of information is to our patients. We do our utmost to safeguard your personal data, and ensure you feel confident and secure in the protection afforded to you and your personal information.
For the purpose of Data Protection Regulations, Rotunda IVF, with a registered address at Barrow Street, Dublin 4 and registered under company number 280514 is the Data Controller with responsibility for the management of patient and staff data in compliance with current Irish and European law.
What personal information do we collect from you?
In order to deliver safe and effective treatment, and in order to comply with European laws relating to the provision of fertility treatment, we collect certain personal data from our patients. Personal data refers to information that is, or could be, identifiable to you.
We may collect, or ask you to provide the following personal data;
- Demographic Information
Our new patient form will ask you to provide your name, date of birth, gender, address, PPS number, health insurance information, and contact details (including email address and phone number). If you do not want Rotunda IVF to contact you in a certain way please let us know, or do not provide that contact information.
- Digital ImagesYou will be asked to take a photo at initial consultation. This is to allow staff to perform visual confirmation of identification. The photo is only visible to staff members when they access your chart and is only used for identification purposes. This may also include images recorded on our CCTV cameras during the course of your appointments.
- Financial InformationThis may be required when you make a payment to us by credit card or electronic transfer.
- Medical InformationA medical record is created for each medical, nursing or laboratory procedure, and saved to your electronic patient chart. These records may also include ultrasound images, test results and consultation notes.You will be asked to provide contact information for your GP if you are happy for us to communicate with them.
- CommunicationAll contact you have with the clinic is recorded in your medical record. An entry is recorded into your electronic chart for every phone call, email or any communication between you and Rotunda IVF. Emails and phone call recordings may also be retained for certain periods of time
- Patient FeedbackThis information may include patient satisfaction surveys you have completed, verbal communication to a staff member, or a complaint. It also wincludes comments made in relation to our online presence.
Where do we collect this personal data?
Most personal information collected will be requested directly from you, with your consent.
We also receive data such as test results from third party facilities who have completed testing on our behalf.
For certain treatments we work with partner clinics, who may send us data in relation to your treatment cycle.
If you are attending the clinic with a partner they may have provided us with certain details, such as your name, address, gender, date of birth, contact details, relationship to them, and PPS Number.
Why do we collect your personal data?
Our goal is to ensure we deliver the best possible care to all of our patients. The information gathered and stored by Rotunda IVF is so to ensure;
- Our clinicians and staff have all information necessary to advise you of the best course of treatment
- To ensure a detailed and complete record of your treatment at Rotunda IVF is available.
- To facilitate to easy communication with you regarding the administrative aspects of care; invoices, statements, etc.
- To meet the legal requirements established under the EU Tissue and Cell Directive 2004/23/EC to maintain records of donated materials.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We may share your personal data with our selected business associates, suppliers and contractors to provide you with our services. For example, these business partners may include:
Testing facilities or healthcare providers that require your personal data as part of the provision of medical treatment;
Service providers that have access to our data as a necessary and controlled part of the provision of service
Regulatory bodies such as the HPRA, where we are obliged to make data available as required
We are on occasion required to share certain information with our parent company and their representatives, insurers and legal advisors, and obliged by law to disclose information to a regulatory body, or due to legal obligation. Only necessary information will be disclosed, all parties will be keep the information confidential.
How long do we retain your information for?
The EU Tissue and Cell Directive 2004/23/EC requires that records relating to the collection, storage, and use of tissues and cells are maintained for a period of thirty years. If you engage in a treatment cycle data must be retained by law for that period.
Call recordings are retained for a period of 3 months. The length of time that other data is maintained in outlined in our Data Retention Policy. For further information on the periods for which your personal data is kept, please see our data retention policy, a copy of which can be made available on request to our Data Protection Officer.
Permission to Use your Personal Data
There are different types of permission necessary for the various uses of your personal data;
- It’s necessary in order to deliver the treatment and/or services you have requested from us.
- You have provided consent for the processing for one or more specified purposes, e.g. treatment
- It’s required by regulatory bodies
- It’s required by our parent company, for the purposes of reporting risk or insurance matters.
- It is necessary as part of legal claims
Sending data outside the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA)
For certain treatment programmes it may be necessary to send data to healthcare professionals/ laboratories operating outside of the EU or EEA. You will be advised in advance that this disclosure of data is required, and asked to provide consent for the same transfer.
Rotunda IVF is part of parent Company based in Australia. On some occasions it may be necessary to share data with them or their representatives for the purposes of risk management and insurance purposes.
In all cases where data is to be sent outside the EU or EEA Rotunda IVF will ensure data processing agreements are in place to protect your information and privacy.
You have the following rights:
- To access a copy of personal data we hold about you;
- To have us correct any inaccurate personal data about you without undue delay;
- To erasure of personal data we hold about you. Please note, this right is limited to specific situations, and cannot be completed where there are legal requirements that we retain the information
- To request a copy of your personal data in a portable format.
- To request a restriction of the processing of your personal data.
To withdraw consent for processing of data at any time in advance of processing. Any processing that occurred before you withdrew your consent remains lawful.
Queries and Complaints
If you have any queries or concerns you can contact our Data Protection Officer
Address: The Data Protection Officer, Rotunda IVF, the Masters House, Parnell Square, Dublin 1
You can make a complaint to Data Protection Commission in relation to our processing of your personal data.
Office of the Data Protection Commissioner
Telephone: +353 (0)761 104 800 or Lo Call Number 1890 252 231
For further information please visit www.dataprotection.ie